top of page

Match Report: Tadley Calleva vs Lymington Town

Tadley were at Barlow’s Park for the fourth home game in a row, with Lymington Town the visitors. Both teams had the same amount of points but the home side were below Lymington on goal difference. Tadley were looking to bounce back after last weekend’s disappointing loss to Brockenhurst.

It was a quiet start to the game and the first chance came to the away side but their free kick after ten minutes was struck well over the bar. On the 15thminute mark, Brett Denham managed to get in behind the Lymington defence and crossed low to Thorne. Thorne tried to get his head on the ball but he couldn’t generate enough power to trouble Nic Jones in the Lymington goal. Just before half time, Jarvis managed to get beyond the Tadley back four. He took a touch to settle himself but he shot flew over Gee’s goal. Then, two minutes before half time, Tadley were awarded a free kick thirty yards from goal. Parfitt and Charsley stood over the ball and it was the latter to strike it. His shot went under the wall but was well held by the ‘keeper. The first half had limited chances but the second was very different.

The first chance of the second half fell to Tadley from a corner. Aaron Parfitt delivered a perfect cross and it met the head of the on rushing debutant Brad Neal. Neal could only head over though but Tadley didn’t have to wait much longer for a goal or four. The first goal came ten minutes into the second half as Chad Abrams managed to get past three players on the right hand side. He crossed low and Hallahan was on hand to blast the ball past Jones. Tadley had taken the lead and were deserving of it. Four minutes later, Tadley doubled their lead. Connor Thorne cut inside from the right hand side and crossed straight to George Hallahan. Hallahan controlled the ball passed the defender and smashed the ball beyond the helpless Jones.

The hat-trick was only a matter of minutes away. Brett Denham managed to get the ball from over the top of the Lymington defence. Denham carried the ball forward closing in on goal. Unselfishly, Denham passed to Hallahan who shot first time and completed his hat-trick. George Hallahan’s hat-trick came in only 6 minutes and given Danny Dolan’s side a healthy lead.

Seven minutes before full time, Parfitt delivered another perfect corner. Substitute Phillips attacked the ball but could only head marginally over the bar. Lymington Town then went up the other end and scored a consolation goal. A hopeful effort was on target and Gee managed to get a hand on it but couldn’t push it over the bar. However, this wasn’t the end of the goals. With five minutes left, Aaron Parfitt picked the ball up 40 yards out. He saw Jones was off his line and lobbed him spectacularly. Parfitt had given the Yellow’s their three goal lead back.

The game finished 4-1 and the win took Tadley up to 9thplace. Next up for Tadley is Bournemouth at home on Tuesday night.

Starting XI: 1. Gee, 2. Abrams, 3. Walsh, 4. Nicholls (Neller), 5. Neal, 6. Charsley, 7. Thorne (Pearson), 8. Hallahan (Phillips), 9. Denham, 10. Parfitt, 11. Vickers

Not Used: Maylen, Nurse

Attendance: 68

Recent Posts
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
bottom of page