top of page


The 1st team's last three matches have all been away from Barlow's Park:

On Saturday 4/11 we visited The Enclosure at Alton FC and were disappointed to lose out 3-2 on their 3G surface. It was a really frustrating day as we had led 2-0 at half time through an OG & a headed goal from Danny Vickers and were looking pretty comfortable. However, we lost 3 goals in the second half in the space of mad ten minutes - which also saw a harsh looking red card for Paul Coventry at 2-2. We tried desperately to find an equaliser, but to no avail and it would be fair to say it was a very frustrating afternoon.

We travelled to Ringwood Town on the 11/11 and it was very pleasing to see the team put the disappointment of the previous week's result behind them as we came away with an impressive 5-0 win. Two goals apiece for Brett Denham & Sam Hamilton and a single from Scott Kinge was enough to claim the three points against a potentially very dangerous side.

Last Saturday 18/11 we made the journey to Southampton to face bottom side Folland Sports. With five players unavailable for various reasons we demonstrated that we have a high quality squad as we came back up the M3 with all three points. Goals from Danny Vickers, Sam Hamilton and Archie Fawcett were enough in a 3-0 win.

On Saturday we welcome Romsey Town to Barlow's Park hoping to keep our challenge going.

The Reserves suffered mixed fortunes in the last three matches;

A very entertaining midweek league match against Liss Athletic saw us come from behind to take the points in a 4-3 win. Goals from Adam Bartlett, Darryl Phillips and two from Luke Yelland helped us claim the win.

We were very unlucky to go down by the same score line in our next match 11/11 against Northwood St John in the Hampshire Intermediate Cup. Another brace from Luke Yelland and one from Luke Maclean brought us back to 3-3, but a last minute goal for the visitors was a cruel blow in a 4-3 defeat.

Last Saturday 18/11 we hosted US Portsmouth in a league match. Goals from Adam Bartlett and Tyrell Reid saw us share the points in a hard fought 2-2 draw.

The 'A' team also suffered some very mixed fortunes in the last three matches - all cup ties;

Firstly we saw off Traco Athletic 7-1 in the Hampshire Junior A Cup on Saturday 4/11. A double hat-trick for Peter White and one from Jason Graham took us into the next round.

We hosted Hook FC in the Junior A Cup on Saturday 11/11 and were unfortunate to go down to a 2-1 defeat. Our goal was described as a 'worldy' scored by Gary Hibbs.

Last Saturday we faced Twentyten FC in the North Hants May Cup and unfortunately it ended up as a day to forget as we went down 10-0 to a very good side. Bad day and we move on.

Recent Posts
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
bottom of page