top of page

MATCH REPORT | Bashley vs Tadley Calleva

​A bank holiday trip to the New Forest wasn't a pleasant one for Tadley as Bashley scored four unreplied goals as the Romans dropped their first points of the league campaign. Danny Dolan made three changes to the team that progressed against Stoneham on Tuesday night in the Hampshire Senior Cup. Adam Alliston, Andrew Charsley and Elliot Amadieu were replaced with Paul Coventry, Kallum Thomas and Aaron Parfitt. Tadley Calleva got the game started but Bashley registered the first two chances in the game, Munday had both the attempts. His first came after picking up Shaun Dallimore's header on the edge of the box, his strike going just wide of Sean O'Brien's goal. The second opportunity for the Bashley striker saw him ghost into the box and head just over the bar. It was then Tadley's turn to have a couple of opportunities. The first was from Paul Coventry as he picked up the ball just inside the area, but his shot went straight into the hands of the keeper. Then it was Aaron Parfitt's turn to have an effort on goal, but it flew high and wide. But after twenty three minutes, the game saw it's first goal. Bashley's Tony Rolls dribbled through 4 Tadley players, down his right hand side, with the centre-halfs shot going through the legs of helpless O'Brien to put the home team ahead. The away team then seemed to respond. Sam Hamilton cut in from the right side and shot but his strike was saved easily by Collins. The winger then had a free kick deflected wide for a corner, but nothing came from the resulting set piece. Munday then picked up a goal to bring the game to two-nil. The striker picked up the ball on the edge of the Tadley area, placing his shot accross the goalkeeper O'Brien, doubling his sides lead, with the home team controlling the contest and playing some good football. Half time was called by referee John Foster, with Tadley down by two. Danny Dolan made two changes at the break, introducing Brett Denham and Cameron George to the game with Aaron Parfitt and Paul Coventry making way. And the substitutes seemed to make an early impact as Tadley registered some chances. The first saw Shaun Dallimore launch a throw into the box, Connor Thorne meeting the ball in the air, but his header was cleared. It was then Cameron George's turn as the front man was sent through by Sam Hamilton, but his shot was straight at the keeper. Tadley definitely looked on top in the early stages of the second period. George then registered two more chances slighlty later in the game. Denham swung in a cross, to the back post, to his strike partner but the substitutes effort hit the wrong side of the net. A couple of minutes later, the ball fell to George again who rounded the keeper, but put his shot over the bar. Bashley then started to threaten again, robbing Tom Walsh of the ball on the edge of his own area. Beard had the shot but his shot was saved well by O'Brien. Bashley continued to win the battles on the pitch and got their rewards for it. They went three-

nil up as a free kick was headed back across the box to an unmarked player who buried the ball in the back of the net. Tadley then conceded minutes later as Walsh lost the ball on the edge of the area, with the ball crossed to the back post where Beard layed in wait, tucking the ball home from a close distance, extending the home teams lead. Brett Denham had a shot saved well by Collins late in the game but Bashley looked full value for their victory playing good football in the first half and holding strong in the second period, seeing the game out with a four-nil scoreline. Starting XI: O'Brien, Thomas, Dallimore, Walsh, Nurse, Vickers, Parfitt, Nicholls, Thorne, Hamilton, Coventry. Subs: Denham (On for Coventry), George (On for Parfitt), Alliston (On for Hamilton), Charsley, Abrams. Attendance: 136

Recent Posts
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
bottom of page