top of page

Weekly Round Up

The Tadley Calleva First-Team had very little time to recover after the defeat to Bashley because of our involvement Sydenhams Wessex League Cup. The visitors to Barlow’s Park were Sholing, with Tadley being the victors, beating the Wessex Premier Division leaders 1-0 thanks to a moment of magic from Brett Denham. Denham weaved his way through three Sholing defenders before tucking away his left footed effort. The visitors were then awarded a penalty after Abrams committed a foul inside the area. Dan Mason stepped up for Sholing but saw his effort saved by Sean O’Brien in the Tadley goal. The away side were reduced to 10 men late on after a two footed tackle on Connor Thorne, but that was all the game wrote as Tadley ran out worthy winners.

The second game of the week came in the FA Vase as Ascot United were the visitors to Barlow’s Park. Brett Denham was on the score sheet once again bagging a brace, while Danny Vickers got the other with an instinctive finish to ensure progression for the home side into the next round of the FA Vase.

Next up for the Tadley Calleva First-Team is a tough test against fellow promotion winners Christchurch at Barlow's Park on Saturday.

The Reserves faced Baffins Milton Rovers for the second week in a row, however, the result wouldn’t be the same. Chris Hollis’ side lost 3-1 with the goals coming from Harvey Cooper and Brodie Spencer. The Tadley goal was scored by Paul Coventry from the penalty spot.

Next up for the Reserves is Fareham Town away in the Wyvern Combination East Division, a game Chris Hollis will be looking to win to get his team back to winning ways.

After an unbeaten pre-season Bradley Nash was looking to continue his teams form going into the new season. Berg were the visitors to Barlow’s Park, but things didn't go to plan as the away side left with all three points after getting the solitary goal in the game.

Herriard Sports are the next opponents for the A team in the Basingstoke and District Football

League as Bradley Nash will be looking to bring the team back on track.

The Under 21’s got off to winning ways in their inaugural competitive game as a team. They started strong after Callum Bush made a surging run from his own half before laying the ball off to Bradley Elliott to have a shot at goal. The frontman's effort was saved by the opposition stopper but Callum Bush continued his run to stab home after just 9 minutes. FC Wildebeest levelled the game up from a corner with the ball ricocheting around the area, their player reacting quickest to equalise. The score remained 1-1 until half time and shortly after the restart, Bradley Elliott got his first of the game following up from a free kick, knocking the ball home to bring the young side ahead in the game. Jake Lear, in the Tadley goal, kept the score at 2-1 making a diving save behind him to stop the ball on the line. But the third goal for Tadley was imminent. Sam Walton thrashed a header into the back of the net with Bradley Cox getting the assist with a fantastic corner. The scoring was completed in injury time when Bradley Elliott followed up a loose ball from the goalkeeper heading it home. The energy and fitness of the young side helped overcome the experience and physicality of FC Wildebeest. The Under 21’s

face Athletico QC in the Memorial Open Challenge Cup this coming Saturday.

Recent Posts
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
bottom of page