top of page

Weekly Roundup 6th October

The First Team travelled to Portland this weekend in the Sydenhams Wessex Premier Division. After losing 5-3 in the Hampshire Senior Cup, they wanted to get back to winning ways as soon as possible. There were a few changes from the game in midweek and this included a return for Paul Coventry. The first goal in the game came from Coventry who carried the ball down the left hand side. He let fly and his strike was caught by the wind as it lobed the Portland goalkeeper. The home side equalised after 78 minutes meaning the game finished 1-1. This leaves Danny Dolan’s side in 4thwith 15 points. Portland travel to Barlow’s Park next Saturday in the Sydenhams Wessex League Cup.

The Reserves had two games this week playing on Thursday and Saturday. Hordean were the visitors on Thursday and it was a perfect evening for Chris Hollis. Charlie Cunningham opened the scoring and after the break, Jordan Holmes got two. The game finished 3-0 and gave the Reserves something to continue on Saturday. Then on Saturday, Clanfield came to Barlow’s Park. Tadley were 3-0 up at half time. Adam Bartlett got two while Cam George got his first of the game. In the second half, George scored his second and Tyrell Reid finished well to make up the five. The game finished 5-1 and next up for Hollis’s side are United Services Portsmouth on the 20thOctober at Barlow’s Park. This will be a chance to continue their league form.

Bradley Nash’s ‘A’ Team played Herriard Sports away. After last week’s 6-2 win, they wanted to build on the win and make it two in a row. Goals from Tom Haggith and Simon Penfold gave Tadley the 2-0 win. This takes the ‘A’ Team up to 5thin the Basingstoke and District Saturday League with seven points. Twentyten are the next team the ‘A’ Team face, as Tadley travel to Basingstoke in the League.

The Under 21’s were in cup action this weekend as they played in the Hampshire Intermediate Cup. They came up against Station Athletic First who were in the same league as Tadley. Harrison Armitage opened the scoring after 24 minutes for Tadley and 12 minutes later they were 2-0 up through Bradley Elliott. On the 40-minute mark, Station Athletic First pulled one back. However, Tadley regained their two goal lead as Bradley Elliott scored just before the break. Elliott completed his hat trick after 75 minutes and finishing off the scoring. The game finished 4-1 and Tadley Calleva Under 21’s are through to the next round. Overton are the visitors to Barlow’s Park next Sunday in the North Hants Chris Price Cup.

It was a successful weekend for all of our senior teams having an unbeaten weekend. Long may this continue.

Recent Posts
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
bottom of page