top of page

Frustration in Surrey

A first half goal from Horley’s Duncanson was enough to separate the sides on Saturday afternoon as Tadley were sent back to Hampshire empty handed.

Tadley started the better side and could have well found themselves ahead after Brody Peart’s effort was saved well by the home goalkeeper. The chance came after a square ball across the face of the goal by Tadley’s full back Jordan Goater.

Brody Peart was handed another golden opportunity just moments later as he latched onto a ball down the right hand side. He drove into the box but his effort was saved well.

These chances must’ve served as a wake up call for the home side as, against the run of play, A ball over the top from central midfield released Duncanson. He managed to cut back inside onto this left foot and let fly. His shot flew past Atkinson in goal and into the far bottom corner.

The home side took the lead.

Half way through the first half, a contentious throw in decision lead to a few choice words directed towards to man in the middle. As a result of this, goalkeeper Craig Atkinson was sinbinned, much to the shock of many inside The New Defence.

As expected, during this ten minute period the home side threw everything forward in an attempt to capitalize on Tadley’s misfortune.

It wasn’t to be however and the first half ended Horley Town 1-0 Tadley-Calleva.

Tadley came out with the bit between their teeth and immediately started on the front foot, driving the play forward and controlling the centre of pitch.

Their best chance of the opening 10 minutes came from a corner that was put low and hard across the six-yard box. All it needed was the feintest of touches but the ball eluded all incoming attackers and the danger was cleared at the far post.

The home side continued to defend resiliently as Tadley kept pushing for an equalizer. Chance after chance came the visitors way but they could not find a break through.

With fifteen minutes to go Tadley made a string of substitutions to bolster their attack. Notably new signing Alex Miller who had recently signed from Thatcham Town.

With a goal looking certain, the home side stepped up their defensive work and pushed hard against the attacking threat Tadley posed.

The final moments saw some gamesmanship from the home side who managed to hold on for a vital 3 points which took them out of the relegation zone.


Recent Posts
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
bottom of page