top of page

Tadley Rue Missed Chances - Redhill 0-0 TCFC

Tadley left Kiln Brown rueing a multitude of missed chances as they played out a stalemate with hosts Redhill.

Going into the fixture off the back of an away win during the week, Tadders were looking to build up momentum ahead of a fully loaded March schedule.

Two additions to the squad saw James Batchelor come in from Farnham Town while Matthew Bustin joins Tadley from neighbours Mortimer.

Tadley got us underway and immediately looked threatening as a ball over the top found Alex Fragata on the left-hand side who took a touch and delivered a ball into the box. It found Kieran Rodgers at the back post who was unlucky not to put the ball in the back of the net.

A sign of intent from Tadley within the first minute.

Just moments later the visitors were at it again. Rodgers picked up the ball on the right-hand side, beat his man and fizzed a low, driven ball across the six-yard box to an oncoming Ben Wright whose effort cannoned back off the post.

A save from Atkinson kept the game level just past the ten-minute mark as a chance against the run of play for the hosts looked to cause trouble.

Tadley continued to dominate the first half and the chances kept coming but to no avail, the best of the rest coming from Alex Fragata who forced a great save from the Redhill number one.

With the first forty-five being dominated by the away side, they would be made to rue their missed chances.

Redhill came out the for the second half with a different mentality, much more aggressive pressing and attacking with intent.

The middle of the park battles were being controlled by the hosts and a few half chances came as the front three's pace was utilised. No more so than when Kareem Akinnibi was released with a ball through the heart of Tadley's defensive line. The number nine charged towards goal and found himself one on one with Atkinson. Fortunately for the away side he dragged his shot and the ball trickled inches wide of the post, the best opportunity on the game so far.

Tadley had to react and with just ten minutes left to play, they did just that. A diagonal ball over the top found Alex Fragata who drove at his defender and into the box, with a piece of trickery, knocked the ball past the defender and was brought down.

A penalty to Tadley.

Ben Wright stepped up for the away side, struck the ball well, low and hard in attempt to find the bottom left-hand corner. Unfortunately for Tadley the outstretched hand of Harvey Keogh kept the penalty out and subsequently saw the rebound go wide of his post.

Redhill ended the game strongly, looking to claim all three points but the final moments went off largely uneventful and the points were shared in what can be described as a game of two halves.

Redhill 0-0 Tadley-Calleva


Recent Posts
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
bottom of page