top of page

Valentines Day Stalemate

A stalemate at Barlows Park saw the points shared on Tuesday night as Tadley-Calleva & Jersey Bulls played out an nil nil draw infront of a crowd of 84.

Both sides came into the midweek fixture off the back of narrow one nil defeats and were looking to make amends by claiming all three points.

The hosts had a fantastic opportunity to open the scoring with ust a minute on the clock. Darboe picked up the ball in the middle of the park, played it out wide to Cousins who's intracate ball into Jack French allowed the midfielder to force a strong save from the Jersey number one.

Jersey started to create opportunities, and half chances were a plenty. In form striker Bickley arguably had the best opportunity as he managed to break the Tadley defensive line and hit a shot towards goal. This was straight at Atkinson who managed to save well and keep hold of the ball.

The rest of the half was played mostly in the centre of the pitch with both sides looking to control possesion and the tempo of the game.

Chances dried up after the first 15 minutes and there was little in the way of opportunity for either side to open the scoring.

Half time 0-0

The second half started much the same, albeit more physical and scrappy.

Tadley were holding possesion well in the middle of the park but again were unable to fashion any scoring opportunities as the visitors defence stood strong and organised, not allowing their lines to break.

The balance of the game was starting to turn as we moved through the second half and on 73 minutes, Tadley forward Ben Wright was sent to the sin bin after a disagreement following a challenge in the air with his opponent.

It didn't seem to hamper Tadley in the initial stages of being down to 10 men as Brody Peart made a run down the right hand side of the pitch, managing to round the keeper but was forced wide and the resulting shot was blocked well by Jersey who managed to steer the ball away from danger. The best chance of the game so far, for either side.

Jersey were not happy to settle with a point and committed many forward in the latter stages, but to no avail.

The referee blew for full time and a largley uneventful game finished with some handbags in the centre circle with Jersey Bulls picking up 2 yellow cards after the final whistle.

An organsied and resillient performance earns Tadley a point at home to promotion favourites.


Recent Posts
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
bottom of page