top of page

MATCH REPORT | Tadley Calleva vs Christchurch

Tadley came into this Sydenhams Wessex Premier Division game fresh after a win in the FA Vase against Ascot United, hoping to build on cup success and take the momentum back into the league campaign.

However, the game started very slowly against a Christchurch team sitting in 17th with the away side making it very difficult to play, resulting in a cagey opening 15 minutes.

The first chance of the game fell to Christchurch as Scott Joyce let fly on the edge of the Tadley area but his shot went wide.

The next effort of the game fell to Christchurch again in the 25th minute as the ball fell nicely for the away side in the Yellow’s box, the shot sailing over the bar.

Three minutes later an Aaron Parfitt corner found Dallimore at the back post, but the centre back struck the ball over the bar after peeling away from his marker.

Christchurch then took the lead in the game on the 34th minute after an awful moment for Connor Thorne, heading into his own net from a cross on the left hand side.

Tadley then had a chance to get back into the game as Parfitt switched to Alliston who played the ball off to Kallum Thomas on the edge of the area. The full-back's cross found Abrams in the middle but he was flagged offside by the official.

The last action of the half came just before the whistle blew with the chance falling to Christchurch's Max Wilcox but Tadley got bodies in the way deflecting the effort our for a corner.

At the break, Danny Dolan switched Paul Coventry for the injured Connor Thorne, as the midfielder was struggling with an ankle problem during the first period.

After a quiet start to the half, Tadley won a corner which fell to Jake Nicholls at the edge of the area. His shot went wide but it was signs of improvement from the home side.

Shortly after, Tadley made their final two changes with Pearson and Parfitt going off for Nurse and Walsh. This meant that Charsley went up front to add to the height of Paul Coventry with Thomas moving onto the left side of midfield.

Just after the 77-minute mark, the home side had a great opportunity to draw the game level. Charsley played a threaded through ball to Paul Coventry who went clear one-on-one with the Christchurch goalkeeper, but the stopper got down quickly to prevent an equaliser.

Tadley then went back on the attack with Charsley leading it. Sam Hamilton made a run down the right hand side of centre-forward who slid him in. The winger cut inside, beating the defender in the process, getting his shot off, with the Tadley man's effort flying into the top left hand corner. The home side were now level with 6 minutes to go.

But the Romans defense was called into action shortly after. The Yellows had to react quickly to a loose ball before blocking an effort which was going to cause O’Brien problems. But that was all the game wrote as the tie finished 1-1 with Tadley keeping up their great start to the season. Starting 11: O’Brien, Abrams, Dallimore, Charsley, Thomas, Nicholls, Thorne, Parfitt, Pearson, Alliston, Hamilton. Subs: Lear, Walsh (on for Parfitt), Nurse (on for Pearson), Coventry (on for Thorne). Attendance: 87

Recent Posts
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
bottom of page